Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Over a day later, and I'm still confused by the fans reaction

For months upon months, I've head a large minority of Mets fans screaming and clamoring for the Mets to fire Willie Randolph.

When the Mets finally pulled the proverbial trigger, the fans are in an uproar...of distaste.

Where are the people that hated Randolph? Where are the ones that wanted him fired months ago? Where are the fans that hated Randolph from the start (I'm looking at you, Brothers Wilpon)?

I'm so confused.

Added: I've seen a bunch of comments calling manager a "good" or "great" manager. Again I ask, where were these people praising Randolph while he was the manager.

Sometimes I think people just want to find fault at all times. Damned if they do, damned if they don't type of thing. I'm not claiming the Mets should be cleared of all charges, but an overwhelming number of people voted in the last poll to "Fire Willie!" and now that he's gone, and overwhelming number of people disagree with the move.

Make up your minds!

3 comments:

  1. You're hearing from Mets fans that want to win...with class.

    Willie wasn't winning.

    The organization lacks class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Class or no class...this move needed to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, so that Omar wouldn't have to be the one to get fired. And also so that the media and overly pissed fans don't go apeshit on them.

    I always liked Willie. He should not have been fired.

    And though I suppose they had to do it for PR...they handled it without class, and I can't respect that.

    ReplyDelete