Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am not alone

This morning I wrote that I had never the mainstream media come crashing down on one team with such negativity before. Finally, I found someone that agrees with me.

Toasty Joe, from "Yes Joe, It's Toasted," puts it as perfectly as humanly possible:
But come the f*** on already. This hysterical outrage from the media is laughable. It's like they shot the man. "They owed him better than this"? Why? If anything he owed them after what happened last year. And was he delivering this season? F***, no. In fact, his players were lazy, sloppy, disinterested, undisciplined, and bickering. He deserved to get fired, and frankly, the more I thought about it, the less I gave a rat's ass that the man had to endure the indignity of a free, first-class plane trip to California to finally learn his fate.
Though I would've done it without profanity (though sometimes I wish I could use some curse words), this is pure genius. Well done sir.

7 comments:

  1. That's idiot, not genius. Willie is given an aging, overpaid staff and you expect him to make them play better than the Phillies? The front office is a complete shambles and he took the fall for it. You're a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Willie. He doesn't owe anyone anything. In fact, I think The Mets owe him for firing a great manager for the sake of PR and covering Omar's behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't think he was as great as everyone is NOW making him out to be.

    He couldn't handle some players. He never ever got the bullpen management down. The bench was handled poorly at times.

    His fate was sealed with the racial remarks, whether we like to think so or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked him then, I like him now. I'm moving on like everyone else, but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every right to be mad if you've supported him. I'm not talking about you then.

    Good for you for picking a side and sticking with it. You're allowed to be pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on the fence about Willie for most of the season. Sometimes I wanted him gone, but most of the time I felt he was given a limited hand to play with and expected to produce straight flushes.

    While he was by no means a great manager, he was at least a good one and doesn't deserve the shabby treatment he received.

    If anyone deserved to be treated like that it was Isiah, unfortunately we do things backwards in this town when it comes to sports.

    ReplyDelete