Sunday, June 22, 2008

I beat an 8 year old; I now feel special

This link was passed along by a new blogger and friend, Andrew (great name) from Twins Fix:
Watch the video, it's pretty cool. I didn't start watching baseball until I was 11 or 12, so this kid has a bit of a head start.

I named all the players and I beat the little tike to naming the second baseman for the Houston Astros. A big accomplishment, right?

Any self respecting Mets fan who doesn't know who that player is, well, they're much better at putting bad signings behind them than I am.

Can you beat the 8 year old? I did, and for some reason, it's making me very happy. Hey CNN, come do a video on me!

6 comments:

  1. Sure you can name those players, (I missed one), but can you name all 700 some players in baseball like he can?

    I almost don't buy it, how is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, no. But if I had the time an 8-year-old has, probably. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably could have named half of them when I was 8 and had hours and hours of free time to read the back of my baseball cards. All of them though? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know how he handles the DL and injury call ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really doesn't take much to make you feel special, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, not at all.

    I'm easy to please...especially after Mets victories.

    ReplyDelete