Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fix the Mets

We're having a pretty nice discussion over at Mets Lounge about what everyone would do if they were the GM of the Mets.

Pretty simple, I think, but I have a few moves I would make now or in the very immediate future. All moves are in-house.
  • Bring up Mike Carp. Send Robinson Cancel back to AAA. This would immediately put pressure on Carlos Delgado.
  • Bring up Dan Murphy. Send Trot Nixon back to AAA. This would immediately put pressure on Luis Castillo.
  • Look into trading Oliver Perez. If possible, pull the trigger, attempt to get at least two decent minor leaguers in return. Promote Tony Armas Jr.
  • If Murphy/Castillo/Damion Easley doesn't work out, call Cincinnati or Baltimore about their second baseman. (via Wrighteous.)
  • Don't hurry Ryan Church. Wait until Sunday to bring him back. Make sure he's 110 percent. The Mets need that bat.
  • Platoon Endy Chavez, Marlon Anderson, Fernando Tatis in right field.
Anything I missed? Hit the comments for your suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Put pressure on Castillo by calling up a 6'3 3B who has never played a game of 2B in his pro career?

    I love Mike Carp as much as anyone, and I've been following the kid as long as anyone, but at this point in his career he's not going to do much. Sure he'll hit better then .232 or w.e Delgado is hitting, but if your planning on putting him in LF your still not going to get any production out of your corner OF positions (at least until Church comes back).

    If you really want Carp, wait until Church comes back, and Platoon Carp and Easley in LF, and also give Carp some AB's at 1B.

    I'd much rather trade for a Ryan Freel, Promote a Valentino P. That's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention that Daniel Murphy is still on the DL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Dan Murphy is on the DL.

    Carp would play 1B...to replace Delgado, like I said.

    Freel is going to cost more than we've got to give.

    Val is decent, but I think he'd play just like Tatis. Homers all around in AAA, but one in MLB.

    ReplyDelete