Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy?

Am I happy after Willie Randolph was fired? Yes and no.

I'm pleased to see the team finally make a decision and pull the trigger, though it took way too long to do so. I'm just fearful that things will continue as is, and the team will shut down entirely.

Jerry Manuel is a good manager, but he's exactly like Randolph. He's calm, cool, collected. He's not one to rant like Ozzie Guillen. Manuel was ejected once this year, which I guess is nice to see, but being ejected doesn't make you a good manager.

Either way, I'm glad that something has been done. Randolph isn't the sole problem behind this team's mediocre play, but he was part of it.

Unless Manuel can pull off a masterpiece with the rest of this season, do you think the Mets are admitting defeat? I don't. They wanted this to be a sign for the players to get in gear, or else. I don't think it will work to the effect they wish, since it was strung out so long, but it should work to some degree.

Win. That's all they need to do. It's easier said than done, I know. Just win and keep winning.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually happy for Willie Randolph. He was stuck in a bad situation. I have been hearing a lot of stuff that should not be heard outside a locker room behind closed doors. When you have a manager that has players AND upper management going behind your back to the press, it's time to get the heck outta there.

    http://tommybuettnerbloggingbaseball.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just need to take this one game at a time. It's the only way we can make it now. Firing shitloads of people is not going to do anything if the players don't do their best.

    ReplyDelete