Monday, June 23, 2008

King Felix vs. Johan

Tonight, with the Mariners coming to town, we will be treated to a fierce pitching match up of Felix Hernandez and Johan Santana.

As I've said time and time before, a pitchers duel on paper rarely ever translates to a pitchers duel on the field.

I'd like to see the Mets sweep this series, and it all starts tonight against the M's best pitcher. Should make for a great game, either way.

As always, please join us on Mets Lounge for an in-game thread.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when Minnesota faced Felix last year. He got hurt in the first inning, and all the hype was for naught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If by fierce pitching match up, you mean Santana serving up the long-ball to a guy who holds a bat 5-10 times all year.

    Grand slam for Felix. I guess I probably shouldn't take this much delight in that.

    Colin
    bravesblast.com

    ReplyDelete