Friday, July 17, 2009

Twitter Poll: Have you given up on the Mets season?

It may be too soon to judge, as the team is only a few games past the midway point, but the Mets are 7.5 games back and fading.  So I turned to Twitter and asked my followers if they have given up on the Mets season.

Here are their responses…

julierubes said: No, because I'm hoping by the time they come to play the Cubs they have their "usual guys" back in the lineup and are winning

kevin_tor said: I'm trying to give up on the season because I think that's our only chance. They always do the opposite of what I expect.

maggie162 said: Nope, because "giving up" doesn't mean anything. I watch games, cheer, be happy when they win and sad when they don't.

gobears1001 said: no, I want to see the guys get back yet but if we lose all three series this trip then I won't hold my breath anymore.

wendy93639 said: Given up? why would anyone ever do that? who else you going to root for? if the #mets show up.. I show up. Even the JV squad.

pAuLiE_bRuZ said: as much as i dont want to admit giving up on this team its just so hard to sit watch a game and act like im interested still

swirlywand said: No! Now is not the time to defect...if we stuck thru two HORRIBLE endings..we can tough out some tough love for the #mets!

thebrowncoat said: There's always hope, but the realist in me says this team doesn't have enough to put it together.

thebrowncoat continued: Plus, I'm still pissed at Sports Illustrated for jinxing us by picking us to win the World Series.

metsjetsgirl said: No. As Mets fans know, 7.5 games can be caught up.. um.. rather quickly. We need our guys back. YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

tvrob said: i gave up bcs of everything i see, seeing is believing

cvelardi said: I can't give up, can't stop watching.. but I certainly don't have any post-season expectations.

kerelcoop said: no. Mets play is the worst division in baseball. 7 games back is nothing. A 3 week stretch of hot baseball & they’re back in it.

gwong said: I've given up on the idea of this being a season of consequence but that doesn't stop me from watching it painfully unfold.

DqtmaReyz said: - season's been in the books for a while. It's just a bad team in a bad circumstance.

disgruntmetsfan said: Yes because they don't get points for hitting into double plays

tyronem said: I am scaling back - it's too painful to watch some of these games.

kdoster said: No way! I still believe in them... Until its September and they are completely out of contention.

Ryan_J_Smith said: For now i'm not counting the mets out b/c nobody in the NL East is that strong. If they get hot they're back in it

brianjtang said: Yes, given up on Mets Season. 7.5 games is attainable. Just not with the current roster.

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to discuss whether or not you’ve given up on the Mets season.

Follow me on Twitter (@TheRopolitans) to
participate in the next Twitter Poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment