Friday, July 3, 2009

Turning Three: The ‘Ropolitans blows out the candles

Three years ago yesterday, the blog was created.  Three years ago today, the first Mets post went up.  Here it is, for you to see, in all it’s glory…

Even his trusty wiffle bat cant save him from this.

According to the Daily News: Pedro will most likely be taking off until after the all star break, which I assume means they will put him on the DL to make room for Mike Pelfrey. Looks like Pelfrey may get the start in one of the games of the doubleheader Saturday.

Darren Oliver looks like he will get the start today against Pitt. Wow...of the 4 Mets games I've seen this year the pitchers have been...John Maine vs. Washington (loss), Victor Zambrano/Darren Oliver vs. Atlanta (win), El Duque in the Bronx (loss), and again Oliver vs. Pitt. (hopefully a win)

I must have good pitcher karma or something.

Thank you to everyone who has read, commented and supported me through all of this.  I can’t thank you enough.

It’s been an absolute joy writing about this team from both the news and opinion standpoint.  It’s opened up doors I never even knew existed and has helped me meet so many wonderful people.

Someday, it’s my goal to make this my job.  I wouldn’t be here without my readers.  Thank you.

And, obviously, let’s go Mets!

No comments:

Post a Comment