Saturday, April 18, 2009

Twitter Poll: Will Johan Santana throw a no hitter in 2009?

Johan Santana takes the mound today against the Milwaukee Brewers at 1:10 p.m.  Last night, I asked my Twitter followers if they though Santana would throw a no hitter this year, which would be the first in Mets history.

Here are their responses…

  • gwong said: Depends - will he be traded away from the Mets?
  • jessicarubin said: I HOPE SO!!!! vamos johan =)
  • susi__ said: Hell yeah! & It'll be tomorrow!
  • letsgoduke said: no, were the mets :(
  • mets_geekette said: Yes! No one better to be the first Met to do it. Should we even be talking about this? I feel like we're going to jinx it.
  • MetsGal said: no. We traded Nolan Ryan we will never get one.
  • fscker said: i doubt it. if he hasnt thrown one yet, i dunno if it will ever happen.
  • JTKrycek said:: i hate when announcers say "can u believe the mets have never thrown a no-hitter?" johan's the perfect guy to shut them up.
  • fullnelson said: Johan Santana will not throw a no-hitter in 2009. I give 60% of a no-no. (secretly, I hoping I'm wrong)
  • darknova306 said: Hell no. There won't be no-hitter for the Mets until I give up being a fan. That'll be a looooong time, cause I like pain.
  • lvadgal said: no johan will not throw a no hitter
  • resamor said: Santana has a better chance of winning 25 than pitching a no-hitter.
  • Thommy7893 said: Let's be optimistic ... YES HE WILL
  • thebrowncoat said: Only if the Cubs win the WS and the Nationals lose 121 games, proving the entire natural baseball order has been upset.
  • pattigibbons said: no, but not because of Johan; it will be a defensive support problem.

Quite an interesting array of answers.  I don’t think he will, but I’m holding out hope and hope he proves me wrong.

Not on Twitter?  Hit the comments to toss in your 2¢ about Santana and if he’ll toss a no-no in ‘09.

Follow me on Twitter to participate
in the next Twitter Poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment