Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FMart assesment

John Sickles over at Minor League Ball pens a great article, "Assessing Fernando Martinez," where he tries to figure what will happen to FMart in the coming years.

From Sickles:
Martinez has enormous potential, clearly. For a player to hold his own in Double-A at age 18 is remarkable. But it also makes it harder to get a read on what the player may do in the future. Age-relative-to-league is very important, but it's just one factor. While scouts are unanimous about his tools, no one is quite certain about how his skills are going to develop. Some see him developing into a 30+ homer guy, while some think he'll be more of a high batting average guy with OK power, and some see him developing both.

---

Would I invest a fantasy pick in Martinez? In a long-term keeper league, absolutely. If I was a Mets fan, would I be super-excited about Martinez? Sure. As a general baseball fan I find his case a fascinating one.
As usual, only time will tell.

I'm pumped to see FMart catch praise from outside the Mets blogsphere. He's an exciting player and we'll be seeing plenty of him patrolling the outfield of Citi Field very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, me too I'm exciting to see this guy play in Citi Field soon. He has every potential to make it come true.

    ReplyDelete