Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I don't think. I know I'll be ready."

That was Duaner Sanchez on whether he'll be able to pitch come opening day.

Sanchez is planning on pitching in tonights game, which would be a huge accomplishment as he last pitched on Monday.

If Sanchez can come back and pitch a good inning on only a days rest, his chances of making the opening day squad would increase exponentially.

---

Ruben Gotay, who is trying to come back from a sprained right ankle, is suiting up for tonight's game. He wants to play, most likely as a late inning substitute.

If Gotay comes back healthy, I think he makes the team over a guy like Brady Clark or Angel Pagan. Of Clark and Pagan, I feel that one of them will make the team come March 31st. I have a sneaking suspicion it will be Clark, as he has gotten hot as of late, and would be a nice candidate to platoon with Church if need be.

Clark as volunteered to also see some time at first, but has yet to play a game at that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment