Monday, August 11, 2008

I'll take it

On Friday, I wrote that this series against the Marlins was big. The Mets took two of three, faltering in the final game. I'll take it.

The Mets jumped into second place, and are only two games back of the Phillies. These two teams will meet five more times before the season is over, twice in Philly and three more times back at Shea.

Looking at the schedule, the Mets will play the Nationals and the Braves a combined 18 times, and the Marlins another six times, again finishing out their regular season against the Marlins at home. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of last year.

That's a total of 29 more games against the NL East. If the Mets can go 18-11 during those games, I'll be a happy man. I'll even take 16-13.

A good series for the Mets. Wished they could have swept, but it was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment