Thursday, May 29, 2008

What the heck?

So the 4th inning seemingly ended with a ground out from Caludio Vargas to short. SNY went to commercial, as usual.

They just cut back, with Vargas on base, and Jose Reyes on first. Luis Castillo promptly doubled to left, scoring Vargas. Reyes came around to score on an errant throw.

David Wright just hit his second 2-run home run of the game. It's 6-0 now, and four of them came after the inning was seemingly over.

Ah!!! Gary Cohen just updated us. It was a catchers interference call when Vargas was batting.

So crazy. Did that happen to anyone else?

5 comments:

  1. I was completely confused and I went to ask my dad what happened and so was he. When David hit the homer I told my dad that was his second of the game if what we are seeing is really happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the game.. so I didn't find out what happened until just now! Everyone in the stadium thought the inning was over.. David Wright was running out to the field and next thing we know, the inning continues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case anyone's still wondering, Vargas' groundout was actually Catcher Interference, since his bat hit Martin's glove. He was therefore awarded 1st base, and the fun began.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a catcher and catchers interference only happened to me in one game this year, but it was twice in one game!

    ReplyDelete