Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tidbits: F-Mart shut down, Ruelas on board, milestone for me

A few tidbits before I go out to cover three seperate sporting events for The Quinnipiac Chronicle up at the TD Banknorth Sports Center.
  • Fernando Martinez, who might be the next Bobby Abreu, has been shut down for three weeks after straining his elbow in the Carribean Series. This kid just cannot stay healthy. I'm worried.
  • The Mets have signed Heriberto Ruelas to a minor league contract. Ruelas is fresh off 44 appearances with Mexico City from the Mexican league.
  • And last night, I passed the 100,000 visitor mark. I know that seems like a low number for over two years of this, but I was very, very slow to get off the ground. The last few months have been spectacular, and I hope this trend continues. Thank you to everyone who visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment