Thursday, February 12, 2009

No AIDS for Alomar

A weird story just got weirder.

Roberto Alomar and his new girlfriend, Maripily Rivera (whose photos I cannot publish on this website), are claiming that he is a picture of health, and does not have "full blown AIDS" as his ex-girlfriend is claiming in a $15 million lawsuit.

Alomar has his own Web site, RobertoAlomar.com, complete with a store and a blog. He released a statement yesterday. It read:
This is a very private, personal matter and I greatly appreciate all the support I have received in the past few days from my family, friends and colleagues in baseball. I am in very good health and I ask that you respect my privacy during this time.

As for the lawsuit, it is filled with lies and I am deeply saddened that someone I cared for would make such terrible accusations and try to hurt me in this way.
According to the Daily News, Rivera called the accusation "a vile lie."

Weird stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment