Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dan Graziano to leave The Star-Ledger

The leading baseball writer for my home paper is apparently leaving his post in a few weeks. Dan Graziano revealed in a recent online column that he will leave The Star-Ledger when 2008 expires.
If you're a subscriber to or follower of The Star-Ledger, you know things haven't been good there or anywhere else in the newspaper industry. You may or may not know or care that I'm leaving the paper at the end of the 2008 calendar year. (Yes, that's right. three weeks to go.) I have no idea what I'm doing next, but I'm hoping I won't disappear completely from your view or consciousness.
I've always read and enjoyed Graziano's work. He sometimes had a Yankees slant, but he was usually very objective and thorough. He was one of the first writers that got me into reading and following baseball at a somewhat obsessive level.

I will miss his work. Hopefully he starts up a blog or something.

The newspaper industry is tanking. I sure picked the right major.

No comments:

Post a Comment