Friday, September 12, 2008

Avoiding the jinx

This morning, I woke up with a bunch of ideas about what to write about. After taking stock of all of them, I realized I shouldn't post any of them.

I'm a superstitious guy, something you know if you've been reading. I've shaved my beard for the Mets, wear a silly plastic helmet, had a lucky box during the '06 playoffs, so on and so forth.

A blog about which players would make the postseason roster, in my mind, would be a jinx. An article about taking the bad teams to task, like the team has done in 2008 as opposed to last year. A post my feelings going into the final stretch would feel a little iffy.

Maybe even a whole piece about how superstitious I am could lead to... Uh-oh.

Things have to be perfect for me when I watch a game. The entire NFL playoffs last year, I wore exactly the same outfit of pajama pants, Mets t-shirt, and an ugly, oversized Giants sweatshirt. I even wore it to the Super Bowl party. But hey, it worked.

My life will be routine watching a game from here on out. They've been winning lately when I don't listen to the TV. SNY on mute seems to help the Mets, so that will continue. The black helmet hasn't been moved in a few weeks, so that will be moved as well.

This is the home stretch, so everyone get out your lucky whatever-you-wear, rub your lucky whatever-you-rub, and do what you do. There can be no overload of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment